As for my assignment, I spent the last couple days putting the house back together from many months of construction. (Part of the reason/excuse for the lack of posts. The second reason/excuse is below!) The spare room (from which I took the picture above) has been emptied of storage and put back together. As a result of the construction, we lost the utility room and a closet in the sun room. Both were used for major storage. The things that were evacuated from that storage had been stashed in the spare room. I didn't think I could find space for everything, but we did! It took a trip to the Salvation Army, and a rearrangement in the laundry room, but we did it.
As for the the other assignment--budget cuts of almost $4 million from the college's budget--we are almost done. Just about $700,000 left to cut and so far no impact on salaries or working conditions. I got my picture and a quote in the paper last week about our work. I didn't know this reporter and he had a smirk on his face the entire time he interviewed me, so I was worried about what would be in the article. But it turned out pretty good--I didn't get misquoted or say anything that was taken out of context that made me look stupid!
2 comments:
P.S. for Mom--I really appreciate EE and you for taking a stand about my need for recreation and relaxation! I am unavailable to all at work from tomorrow until July 12, with the small exception of one Board meeting. I will be presenting about our budget cuts. My summer vacation starts tonight! Aaaahhhhhhhh!
hmmmm....they don't strike me as hoodlums! Wouldn't that be too much if they *were* some kind of gang? What possible statement are they making if they are? It's hilarious!
I'm glad you posted again...I missed you! I thought maybe Twilight swallowed you whole. My mom has read them and says (and I quote) "suck-suck-suck, then halfway through it gets great!" (how's that for a review?) Erik and I sat for the movie when it came in on Netflix. There were a lot of exchanged "I don't get the hubbub" looks that day.
I've been loving True Blood on HBO (apparently I like my vampires less teen-angst and more blood-and-guts!) and those were based on a series of books, so I thought I might try those.
And, finally (going for longest comment EVER here) good for Moose and your mom. Seriously good for you, too. Erik says I get sick on every vacation I get from work. Sadly, he's right. It's like I can finally relax long enough and my body just falls apart.
So take your vacations, and I will too. I'm planning a few hours next week to brush up on my notes and FINALLY get my sampler off the loom. I've been staring at it there for a few weeks, and it looks like I can just start tying it off, but I'm going to read what you told me first. Um. Don't know if you're available on your vacation for frantic phone calls on loom-tech-support, but you can always not answwer!
xoxo
Post a Comment