Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finished Project!

When a project is finished it should be celebrated. This blanket was started when we went for our anniversary to Sutter Creek. I used yarn that was sent to me from my Seattle friend who was doing some stash reduction. I had a few problems along the way, but overall it was a good pattern and I enjoyed knitting with the superwash wool yarn. I sent it off to the baby on Monday.

5 comments:

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

Kelly, The blanket is beautiful but I was expecting the finished project to be the patio.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Pat, I'm almost finished with the patio. Uncle Daryl will be glad to know that I made a dent in the two pallets of stones I've had for quite awhile. I worked on it Wed/Thur which is my weekend. Friday, I'll work on it after work. There's probably about another day of work for the patio to be complete. Robert

Marsha said...

Beautiful blanket Kelly. Much better as a baby blanket then the sweater I was planning. I finished the socks I was working on at your house and have started a pair for Ben with some of the yarn I bought in Carmel. Hard to knit right now. Yesterday we had a record high of 103 degrees. The house has "cooled" to 90!! Very unusual for our part of the country.

Kelly said...

You have stolen some of our degrees! We have had a very "coastal" summer so far. Drizzle every morning and the clouds burn off in time for the wind to blow them back! Lately they have not even been blown completely away before they start coming back. You came to visit at a good time! The weather hasn't gotten better here.

Mia's Classroom said...

Kelly, those colors are YUMMY! I love the texture of the little squares, and I would say that any baby (and their mommy!) would be quite lucky to receive such a gift.