Friday, July 31, 2009

Two weeks of vacation left :-(

What am I planning to do with my last two weeks of summer vacation?

Well, I have contracted a case of knitting startitis! I have started two projects--one is lace and one is my Heroine Jacket in mindless stockinette stitch. I am also itching to get my studio cleaned out... It, like the spare room, became a catch all for storage related to the construction. Once it is cleared out I could start a weaving project!
Maybe dishtowels, I've got lots of dishtowel grist cotton and cotton linen blend...
or more kitchen rugs... they work up really quickly using all that mop cotton...

I am also itching to plant, but must wait until the patio is done. I might attend the clearance sale at the Watershed Nursery, though.

It's not all starting projects, though. The patio is coming along nicely. The stones are all layed out for the last round of the spiral. They haven't all been set, and then after they are set, the dirt around the patio will need to be leveled off, but it is looking great! The window project is moving along. I finished glazing putty on the casement window today and yesterday I finished priming all but one side of the sash windows for The Aunt's room. These will be windows number 3 and 4 of the window repair project, and I am ready to take out and start window number 5. Oh, there I go with starting again! Guess it is time to END this post!

2 comments:

Mia's Classroom said...

Swoon. I love your studio! I especially love the scooby-doo-like quality of the "hidden room". I think it is every bit as charming as the fairy tale studio in that photostream (perhaps you need a $2000 camera and photo enhancing software for the lighting?) but I'm pretty easy to please...some fiber, that loom, and a spinning wheel? What could possibly go wrong?

ps The word verification for this comment is 'stableme'. Clearly, this random generator knows me not at all. I'm volatile. And dangerous.

Betty said...

Kelly your studio needs those baskets filled with wool, yarn, fiber, etc. The lighting in this studio (Grandma's Loft) also plays a big part. HMMM Mark's next project:)