You might remember the post I made during my glorious Veteran's Day long weekend playing with yarn. I promised pictures. I'm not sure what made me want to take pictures documenting a weekend of fiber ADHD. My studio looked like a yarn shop exploded! It didn't really get cleaned up before Thanksgiving either. I carved out a space around the loom so I could weave and I just sort of shoved things back from where they were spilling into the living room. (El Esposo has a rule that he tries to enforce and that I try to comply with. "No projects in the living room.")
So here is the pictorial of my recent fiber antics.
An empty loom. Well, that has to be remedied!

What shall I do?????

Which yarns shall I use????

Yarn from the shelves? Yarn from the bags Marsha sent?

What about some yarn I bought at Stitches three years ago???

Maybe some yarn I spun??

Or the cones I ordered two winters ago????

Well, I finally decided. I used the weekend to dress the loom and begin a new weaving project. No it isn't Christmas dishtowels. I did that last year!
I also washed wool...

The weather was gorgeous so it dried outside on the lawn. Plus the lawn got watered from the wash and rinse water. Sheepy wool wash water makes good fertilizer I hear. This was only one of the three fleeces I bought at the fair a year and a half ago, but haven't gotten around to washing...

I also used the washer to felt my heroine jacket and I laid it out to dry with my five pairs of hand knit socks that had been sitting in a pile for months waiting for hand washing.

After all this evidence that I am awash in yarn and unfinished projects, guess what I bought last Monday????

Estate sale of a retired weaver. $2 for large cones, $1 for small cones. Wool. Some is actual Harris Tweed. Proceeds are fund raiser for the guild. Need I say more???
4 comments:
Your post and pics gave me a welcome chuckle. When did you find time to cook a turkey?
Jealous! All those cones! Wool! Cheap! I need to go wash my face and lie down.
I swear, I could have so much fun just poking around in other weavers' studios!!! Great to see all of those pictures!
What great deals on that yarn! Good job!
I'm really happy to meet another weaver! Thanks for your advice about dyeing!!
Sue
It's great to have a passion, isn't it? I'm not much with arts or crafts at all, but I love seeing other people involved in them. I do love to spring clean though - such a satisfying feeling. I am so messy spring needs to come to my home once a month (but doesn't)!
Post a Comment