Thursday, December 17, 2009

Its Almost Christmas, Now Get Out There and Buy Stuff!

I like Christmas shopping. I like looking for presents. I like getting gifts people, especially when I get something that feels like it is perfect for them.

But there is another side to Christmas giving. Think for a minute about all the ads and the pressure that many people feel to spend above their means. Ho ho here's my VISA! Especially this year...

I stumbled across this blog with this irreverent post about some Christmas ads.

These kind of messages are among the most important reasons that critical thinking skills should be part of education at every level.

1 comment:

Mia's Classroom said...

Oh gosh. This totally reminds me that I HATE THAT JEWELRY COMMERCIAL. Do you know, the one where the couple is ice skating, shakily, while a ridiculously twee version of "I Got You Babe" plays breathlessly in the background? I hate it! I hate everything about it! I have to go lie down.