Sunday, December 13, 2009

New Projects--Looking forward to the new year!

January...
I know it hasn't even been Christmas yet and I haven't even given my finals, much less graded them. All the more reason for looking ahead to January!

In January I will be interviewing for and (hopefully) starting the Master Gardener Program. I am really excited about this. It will mean 3 Saturdays each month for 5 months I will have classes from 9-4 or so. I can 't wait!

In January I will be working on the V-Day celebration planning. V-Day is an event in February (around Valentine's Day) to bring awareness of violence against women. It was started by Eve Ensler who wrote The Vagina Monologues. Colleges have various performances and other events that raise funding and bring awareness to students as well as the public. I've been wanting to get involved in this since the year of our college strike. For obvious reasons, it fell off my radar that year. This year I am participating! I must admit that it felt a little weird to be called a "Vagina Warrior" at the planning meeting, but what a great group of women! I was going to participate behind the scenes but I may have to have a part in The Vagina Monologues. I want to be part of this powerful group!

An exciting new year for me and the old one isn't even over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am helping,"behind-the-scenes", with stage work and ushering to bring awareness of violence against women. EE