Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

48 today. Right On!!!!



Make sure you check back tomorrow for my birthday surprise! Meanwhile, I want to share some surprising (to me) news! I have a part in a play!! I don't do these things. I don't. Really. Even though you probably saw the Mamma Mia performance pictures with the boots. I really don't perform on stage!

Well, I guess I do if it is for a good cause. The talent show last summer was for Relay for Life and now I am in Eve Ensler's The Vagina Monologues. My original plan was to be a part of this by helping with V-Day events on campus. The play is part of a larger effort to raise awareness about violence against women in all its forms. But when I went to the first meeting it was such a fun group of women. All of them were going to be performing and I started to feel I would be left out of the fun if I didn't have a part. So I said yes to performing. Last night I got my parts. I have a small part in one monologue (The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could) and what I think is the main part in another one (My Vagina was my Village) that I think is extremely powerful.

So, come see me! Sat. February 20th at 7:30 pm, Wed. February 24 at 2 pm or Sun. February 28 at 2 pm. Its at the main stage at the college. The main stage. As in the REALLY HUGE one with all the seats. Yikes!

5 comments:

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!

Betty said...

Great video, think our dogs could do that??

Happy Birthday

Jerilyn said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!

Life Looms Large said...

Happy birthday!!!! I turn 47 in just over a month....we're practically twins with some kind of weird mathematical offset (that I'm sure you could figure out).

Cool Corgis!!

You are brave to be on stage!!!! Hope you have a great time!!!

Sue

Mia's Classroom said...

Happy birthday, Kelly! hmmm...seems to me, with all the wonderful and new (master gardener! part in a play! shaved your head! etc.!) you're trying to make this the HALF century to beat all halves!