You know you have too many hobbies when you miss Stitches West :-( because you have Master Gardener class on Saturday and perform in a play on Sunday! I could have gone on Friday (and I considered it) but I would have had to skip out of work early, putting me even further behind than I already am. (Rehearsals, a little gardening, and MG reading were competing with grading papers last week.)
Then again, I still have yarn from two, three, even four, years ago that I still haven't used. So I guess maybe it was ok that I missed Stitches. The money I saved can be spent on plants! Or one of those Japanese Hori knives and a sharpener for my pruners!
3 comments:
You can never have too many hobbies!
Today Kim and I went to Winslow and Port Gamble to look at yarn shops and, yes I bought yarn that I don't need, and yes I haven't finished the sweater I started in the Fall. But the colors were gorgeous and they felt so soft, and who knows when I'll get back to Winslow and Port Gamble, so I had to buy them, right? I'm still working a justification for the really cute boots I also bought!
D and I went and it was as successful (crowded) as always.I bought a Bonnie and Clyde kit.D bought a bear for Tristen from the Mother Bear Project.See you next year? mom
I hope I can go again next year! Meanwhile, the Conference of Northern California Handweavers (CNCH) has their conference (with marketplace, oh yeah!!!!) April 9-11 in Santa Clara. I won't be able to take workshops since I have MG class on Saturday. But Friday or Sunday I plan to hit the market for a fiber fix!
Post a Comment