So, an opportunity to do some DIY rewiring AND clean the chandeliers! What could be a better project for rainy days? He took MANY pictures. I have chosen just a few--hope I picked the ones he wanted posted! If not, I will post more later.
The metal part that goes on the ceiling was brassy looking.
But after cleaning...
Here is the glass at the top, all sparkling clean! Notice how clean and shiny the socket is! That is the original socket--nice and heavy. He bought new sockets to cannibalize parts and they are so flimsy and light.
Here's another shot of clean and shiny chain, canopy and glass...
There are two of these. One in the front entry and one at the top of the stairs. They are the same. I think they are unusual, with a metal scaffold on which all the crystals hang. That metal is all clean and shiny now, too!
There is a different one in the landing that I have already posted about when I talked about the sunroom/mezzanine project. Not only are they all clean and shiny, they are all safely rewired now!
Now he is eyeing the one in the dining room and thinking about rewiring it!I'm sure glad I am married to this talent!
1 comment:
Good job, Moose! I love that you're all "safety first" and stuff, but I REALLY love that shiny chandelier!
Post a Comment