Cherry blossoms were blossoming--soggy, but blossoming!

Looking both ways right in the middle of the mall...
We had time the first day to spend the morning at the Natural History Museum. Saw the Hope Diamond (smaller than I thought) and lots of other gems. Got really wet and cold walking to and from the Metro, but it was worth it. Free museums everywhere. What a wonderful use of tax dollars! 
Out one night after all day at the conference. Work friends on either side of me plus a person we met from Wisconsin. She is a knitter and she has sheep!!!!! What are the chances?
Good thing the traveling Aunt and Uncle told me all about the Metro! We used it a lot despite long days at the conference.
On the way home from DC, I got off at SFO and took BART to meet El Esposo in the city. We had tickets to two spring training games (Friday and Easter Sunday). We stayed right near the ballpark and had a FABULOUS time. I highly recommend leaving the car in long term parking at the BART station and doing SF on foot. The Ferry Building, Yerba Buena Park/Gardens, SF Museum of Modern Art, Museum of Crafts and Folk Art, great restaurants, lots of rain :-( including a ball game called after 7 very drenched innings, and a hotel room on the 18th floor. What a great way to end my spring break! (But no pictures of SF--having too much fun, I guess.)
3 comments:
WOW!!! Cherry Blossoms are beautiful even when they are soggy! I heard it was going to be 90 degrees in DC today. What a difference a week makes:)
I loved the Happy Easter Peep Show.
hmmm...I tried to leave a comment on this before, but maybe it didn't work? It was...someting-something glamorous spring break yadda-yadda cherry blossoms blah blah Giants. Does that sound familiar at all?
Then I spent a very exclamation-pointy paragraph or two remembering that you shaved your head. You look fabulous. :)
Then I mentioned that lately, everywhere I go, somebody comments on the (always present) yarn project I'm carrying, and it seems like everyone is either knitting or crocheting or wishing they knew how? Does that happen to you too?
I think that was it. :)
Post a Comment