Such a long time with no pictures! Well, thank you for your patience, here are a few pictures from the garden. Let's start with the Salvia sonomoensis. This low spreading sage has really spread! It is a large mat--actually two of them with a lighter Salvia sonomoensis 'Bee's Bliss' in the middle. The Bee's Bliss isn't blooming much yet, but this one is going crazy and the bees pretty much have bliss anyway! Don't know what will happen to them when the salvia that is actually called Bee's Bliss starts blooming. It might actually be illegal for them to be "on the road" when that happens!

I love salvia almost as much as the bees! Here in the foreground of this picture below is a part of the garden that will become the salvia patch (at least for the time being). In the front of the picture are the two greeen sonoma sages with the grey 'Bee's bliss in the center. You can see the bloom spires on the right and left of the foreground. The moundy sage in the center of those two is the 'Bee's Bliss.' In the exact center of the foreground is a little plant. That is another sage. Salvia leucophyla. I don't know the common name, but it is also a grey foliage plant (hard to tell in the photo). At the foot of where I am standing to take the picture is a Salvia apiana. Can you tell I love sage! In the middle ground of the photo is the poppy field. Midway up is the planting bed (you can't really tell) and the tall darker green in the exact center of the photo is really two plants of Cleveland sage. This is looking toward the house from down in the corner of the yard.

Any picture is always better with a dog in it. Especially an old friend like Tap!


In case you are wondering about the "statuary," it is the pedastal for the sink we bought in last year's remodel. It arrived broken at the bottom and the company sent us a new one and didn't want the old one back. This is where it sat for about a year. Since these pictures were taken, I have moved it to the fava bean patch and topped it with a pan of water for a makeshift birdbath.
Hope you enjoyed the tour!
4 comments:
Your garden is so beautiful. When I first opened your post, I thought it was a garden you were touring.
Great job!!
Sue
Thanks Sue! I always love how it looks in photos. Pictures make it look so much lovelier than it actually is! I like how it looks in real life, too, but pictures can be taken from angles that leave out the not so nice parts!
... like the huge brush pile just to the left. EE
Your yard looks *awesome*! I love how it's changed sort of organically over the last few years. You should do before-and-afters soon... I can barely remember the (still-so-cool) semi-crumbling concrete gazebo that was completely covered in ivy. Ivy! I loved that structure all along, but man, I hate ivy. :-|
Post a Comment