They still don't have names, but pretty soon it won't be easy to tell them apart. Right now they have a little downy yellow spot on their heads and one is big, one is medium and one is little. As they get adult feathers, those spots will go and I'm not sure I'll be able to distinguish between them. We'll see.
I'm sure I'll need more than one century of life to do all the things I want to do! Welcome to the blog for my first century's activities.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Chickens-Week 3
Here are a few more chicken pictures, about two for each chick.




They are growing almost so fast you can see it. These were taken a couple days ago and they are already out of date! I have been trying to get them a little field trip to the yard for an hour or so, but it has been terrible weather here :-( When the fog finally burns off, the wind is COLD. So, they are stuck in their dog crate brooder. During the day I just have the screen on top rather than the rubbermaid covers so they are getting used to a big open sky. I do still have the light on so if they start to huddle under the light I put the cover back on. But they don't seem to need the extra heat much anymore.
They still don't have names, but pretty soon it won't be easy to tell them apart. Right now they have a little downy yellow spot on their heads and one is big, one is medium and one is little. As they get adult feathers, those spots will go and I'm not sure I'll be able to distinguish between them. We'll see.
They still don't have names, but pretty soon it won't be easy to tell them apart. Right now they have a little downy yellow spot on their heads and one is big, one is medium and one is little. As they get adult feathers, those spots will go and I'm not sure I'll be able to distinguish between them. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I finally looked up the Andrew Sisters names--LaVerne, Maxene and Patty. Pretty good chicken names.
How about the Mills sister's names? Your mom Aunt Betty and I had pigs named after us.
The Mills sisters: Alayna, Sarah, and Tristen. Nice chicken names. EE
Ummmm....am I the only one that sees it? Betty, Carol, Pat!
D'oh. Pat! Pat, why didn't I read your comment first? That's two votes for the Sisters Three, Kelly.
I think the Mills sisters are the chicks in the family. Carol, Betty and I are the old hens:) Sorry sisters.
Post a Comment