Here is my contribution to the Laurel's Kitchen cook off. Yesterday my veggie box arrived and there were yellow squash and zucchini in it. I made the baked zucchini with cottage cheese you posted on your blog. I blended the cottage cheese figuring Ben would not eat the "lumps" and added chives, basil and parsley from the garden, and some garlic. I topped it with a little parmesan and a dusting of dried chili powder left from our Mexican fiesta two weeks ago. We also had boiled new potatoes (with lots of butter!) and green salad.
I'm sure I'll need more than one century of life to do all the things I want to do! Welcome to the blog for my first century's activities.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
LK Adventures Spread to Seattle
My Seattle friend has joined the LK adventures!
Here is my contribution to the Laurel's Kitchen cook off. Yesterday my veggie box arrived and there were yellow squash and zucchini in it. I made the baked zucchini with cottage cheese you posted on your blog. I blended the cottage cheese figuring Ben would not eat the "lumps" and added chives, basil and parsley from the garden, and some garlic. I topped it with a little parmesan and a dusting of dried chili powder left from our Mexican fiesta two weeks ago. We also had boiled new potatoes (with lots of butter!) and green salad.
Everything was from the box except the egg and cheeses on the zucchini and tomato in the salad. The game I play the day the box arrives is to make dinner using only ingredients form the the box. I did pretty well last night. Oh I forgot, dessert was blueberries from the box and raspberries from the garden.
Thanks Marsha! That looks good!
Here is my contribution to the Laurel's Kitchen cook off. Yesterday my veggie box arrived and there were yellow squash and zucchini in it. I made the baked zucchini with cottage cheese you posted on your blog. I blended the cottage cheese figuring Ben would not eat the "lumps" and added chives, basil and parsley from the garden, and some garlic. I topped it with a little parmesan and a dusting of dried chili powder left from our Mexican fiesta two weeks ago. We also had boiled new potatoes (with lots of butter!) and green salad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dinner looks great but how cute are those chicks?
I can't believe how fast they are growing! They are now spending the day outside in the tractor and the night in the dog crate in the garage. They roost just like "real chickens" but they are still loosing downy feathers.
Post a Comment