I left quite a few things unblogged at the end of 2010.
But don't worry! I have pictures!
Remember when Tap was feeling poorly? That day El Esposo went online and found a place to take the dogs and I for a brief beachside getaway. He was thinking of the dog friendly patio at Sam's Chowder House and looking for a hotel near there. Inn at Mavericks is the place he found.
We arrived on the Tuesday before Christmas. A storm was brewing and Sam's patio didn't seem like a pleasant option so we ate inside and left the dogs in the truck. That was probably ok with Tap. The last time we were there she enjoyed herself, but had a little trouble navigating the unfamiliar stairs down to the patio. And her ability to lie down exactly where you want her to has declined since then. She kind of slowly sinks into place when she lies down, so it would have been harder for her to tuck herself under the table and out of the way.
After a great lunch (no, not the lobster rolls since I don't really love lobster) we went to find the hotel. Wow! It was perfect for a weekend at the beach with the dogs. Nice and luxurious, but with a patio and easy care tile floors so it wasn't a constant worry about wet dog feet. A big patio door that we left open so the dogs could go in and out and we could enjoy the ocean air.
More pictures to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment