If you have been reading the Three Sisters Blog you know that The Aunt had her second knee replacement surgery last week. The surgery went well and she is now home. I can't really say she is resting comfortably since the visiting nurse and the physical therapist haven't really let her rest! On Saturday she came home to frantic voice mail messages from the nurse who thought she was already home and WHY AREN'T YOU RETURNING MY CALL, I NEED TO VISIT!!!! So instead of resting, she called to calm down the nurse! Then yesterday she had almost 4 hours of nurse and PT visit practically back-to-back.
We both thought that the heavy workload on her first full day home would lead to a difficult night. I don't think she got to nap more than a half hour at a time. Luckily we were wrong! The night went really well and she feels good. Today there will be no visits (thanks for that!), but it sure seems like the PTs put them on a hectic schedule. Eat so you can take your meds, take meds, short rest and ice, exercise, eat a little more so you can take your meds, exercise some more, ice some more, rest a little, change position, drink more water, walk around, exercise a little more. When I had surgery all I had to do afterward was watch tv and sleep between taking my meds. I guess when it is a major joint you have to work hard to get it back to shape. So she's comfortable, but no resting!
2 comments:
I'm convinced that all her hard work excercising, and her great attitude, is why she has more mobility than anyone else I know who has had knee surgery. I'm sure you and Robert's great nursing helps too.
My poor Betty! I hope she's up and about, back to her old (wonderful) self in no time. xoxo
Post a Comment