Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Love Our House

But for reasons besides the obvious. Last evening, from the upstairs bathroom I looked out and behind the silhouette of trees was the most beautiful sunset. Purple, echoing the tile of the bathroom and an exact match of the paint chip I have up on the window trim. Orange, echoing the orange hand towels that I bought when we had the poppy orange bedroom (really--we did--I loved it!) at the other house. I love the towels and have been using them in the purple and green tile bathroom since we moved here. A little to carnival-esque I thought, but still, I like orange!

Little known reasons I love this house:
Reason 1: This house has a bathroom the color of sunset!
Reason 2: The upstairs bathroom has a great view of the sunset. Actually it also has a great view of the golden morning light on the trunks of the trees. So I guess the real reason is that the upstairs bathroom has a great view. Perfect for long tooth brushing!

4 comments:

Carol said...

What is it about a sunset? I think yours must have been like the one I took pics of at N.B.Gorgeous!

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

I love your house too. I like the way the sun comes in the dining room window. My favorite place to sit when visiting.

Mia's Classroom said...

I love your house too. My favorite part, though I trust your judgment about the bathroom sunsets, is DEFINITELY the Scooby-Doo-esque hidden room off the living room, where the yarn is stashed! I would positively LIVE there. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the crawl space underneath the house. EE