I used to walk. A lot. Six or seven times a week and almost always at least 4 miles. I used to walk fast. My normal pace was about 13-14 minutes per mile. I love walking. I have a t-shirt that says "Walking is my happy hour." It was just a few months ago that I stopped being this active. Uh...No................Hmmmmm....... I guess it was about five years ago.
I used to lift weights. I love lifting weights. I adopted a motto I found on a weight lifters website. Lift heavy, eat, sleep, repeat. I was pretty strong. Not lifting for awhile had surprisingly little effect on my strength. There is a good residual effect from lifting. Especially when you have only been away from it for a few months. Uh....No..............Hmmmm..... I guess it was in 2004. News Flash! The residual effect doesn't last 7 years!!!
So when El Esposo recommended this article on NPR about weight lifting seniors and this article on NPR about walking and your brain function, I hoped they would provide me with a little inspiration. We'll see if it sticks!
3 comments:
Time flies when you are having fun!!!
Ha ha! I like that! It's true, too. I have been having so much fun with the house and garden I just didn't realize how long it's been since I have done much else.
Post a Comment