Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ever heard of a Cutting Day?

There is one today in Monterey. Not having ever been to it, I am imagining. Crowds of gardeners pushing and shoving to get a piece of just the right plant to propagate. Piles of what most would see as yard waste being picked through and hoarded. Bags of twigs, leaves, tubers, and shoots taken home and grown into free plants! Then, if your eyes were bigger than your stomach or your bag of potting soil, those same plant parts becoming yard waste once again.

Sound fun? I'll let you know!

In other garden news, I have become the social media person for the master gardener group. There is currently a Facebook page that is sporadically updated and I will be starting a Twitter stream. I should get this done sometime during the weekend and I will post more next week about this! I think I need to call the SF niece and get a crash course in social media marketing!

No comments: