I'm sure I'll need more than one century of life to do all the things I want to do! Welcome to the blog for my first century's activities.
Saturday, March 26, 2011
A Trailblazer Dies
I saw her (and Mondale) when they made a campaign trip to Spokane. EE and I were too late to get into the hotel to see the speech, but we were outside the hotel when she arrived. She walked around greeting people and shaking hands. Almost every woman there (and it was mostly women) was crying, it was so moving. Old women, young women, maybe even some Republican women! To think that a woman could be running for Vice President. Wow--it was so powerful! I'm glad she lived to see a woman run for president. Thank you for blazing that trail--it was a difficult one, I'm sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I even shook her hand! EE
I think D still has the campaign button you gave him.
Post a Comment