If you notice the time stamp of this post, you will think I am posting in the middle of then night. (Those of you from the Pacific coast, that is.) It feels like it! Looking at my computer's time I see that this is the second morning in a row that I am up at about 3:30 am. Yikes! Yesterday it was to catch a flight to DC, today it is just the time change.
I am at a grantees conference for the recipients of a number of federal Department of Education grants, among them the Title V Hispanic Serving Institutions grants. As I write this I am hearing that our president is in Virginia today and heads to Palo Alto, California tomorrow. So I won't be seeing him!
Actually, I don't think I will have time to see much. Last year the first day started in the afternoon so we were able to be tourists on the first morning. This year the speeches by Dept. of ED big shots start this morning and the workshops by the staff in the trenches continue this afternoon. Tomorrow afternoon when I might have had site seeing time, I am instead scheduled to meet with my program officer. This is the "all business" version of this conference, it seems! On the other hand, my conference partners have a knack for finding great places for dinner and for gathering "strays" to join us for dinner. So the evenings should be interesting. That's good, since I will be exhausted by that time. It will keep me awake!
Now for the promised photos of the SF niece and boyfriend at the SF Giants pre-season exhibition game! (BTW--missed last night's game, but was kept apprised by EE's text. "Lincecum, 7th inning, 0 R, 0 H" If you know anything about baseball you know what that means and what he was hoping for, a no-hitter. Alas, in the next inning, there was a hit. Still. A great win! Go Giants!

4 comments:
Glad you got to the conference safe and sound. Love the pictures of the Giants fans.
Looks like T and her boyfriend have become TRUE GIANTS FANS!
Cute pics. Worth the wait!
I have more, but I didn't get them downloaded before I had to leave my gorgeous room for a day of presentations! I am now in the lobby bar having a glass of wine and unwinding. We go to dinner in about 20 minutes so I didn't get much down time.
Post a Comment