Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Job with Title TBD

So...
I left you all hanging over the last two weeks about the job situation here. I know! My thousands of loyal fans were sitting home worrying, wondering, checking the blog for an update. And nothing. Not a word from me. How could I do that to all of you? ;-)

Mostly because I didn't really know. Now that I have had an opportunity to meet with some folks who had a draft of an idea for the job they wanted to offer me, and now that I have helped to refine the draft of the description, I have a better idea. The position still doesn't have a title but it does have a description. It is set up right now as a one year position that they may decide to keep as part of the organization. I will be coordinating, promoting and helping to procure grants. The job will include bringing presentations of how great our students are to organizations that might want to partner with us. It will also include being the expert on all the various grants we have (even if they aren't in my scope of work) and making sure that the right hand and left hand know what each other are doing! It will also include (50% of it) the job I am currently doing running the grant I have been running. We have two big grant applications pending and if we get either of those grants, I will probably be administering those as well. I will be doing this for one year and then we will all decide what we want to do next. I can go back to my old job, or stay on in this they keep the position, or apply again for what I applied for this year. They are filling that one only temporarily with a retired administrator from the placement service.

The position still needs to get final approval from the powers that be. That won't be until later this month. Meanwhile I have been asked to make lists of what I want moved to the new office and I'm helping to find someone to take over what I was supposed to do in the classroom this fall. Start date is August 1st.

It has been an interesting summer. And suddenly it is two weeks shorter--yikes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice cairn in the banner!! EE

Carol said...

I agree!

Mia's Classroom said...

Kelly, congratulations on the new job! it seems unexpectedly perfect for you to have this one year position...dipping a toe into administration perhaps? what a great, no-pressure way to take that first HUGE step away from the classroom to see if you even want to be administration! plus, you know you'll love the curriculum part, but here's your chance to get a handle on budgets and presentations and all the OTHER that goes with those jobs, to see if you even like it. i'm so happy for you! can't wait to see if you like it. lol