I would like to title the banner picture above "Summertime, and the livin' is easy..." ;-)
The fog is burning off on what looks to be a great day for gardening (and maybe a nap on the lawn). The new planting bed is finished and I have the plants I extracted and need to transplant somewhere else. The vegetable garden is moving along and it is time to plant a few more starts for the late summer. Guess a trip to buy potting soil is in order. Hmmm. That means I have to go past the nursery plants. Hmmm. Sounds like fun. I think it will be an enjoyable start to the fourth of July weekend!
But it isn't all fun and games here at the first century. I didn't get the job as queen of nerds. On the other hand, they did offer me a different position at the same level--czarina of something sort of vague at the moment. Well that sounds nice, doesn't it. I didn't know there were consolation prizes in job interviews. :-) Actually, it is all rather confusing. I don't cope well with surprises, and this is a huge one. It took me a long time to decide I wanted to apply for the first position and now the world has shifted! So there will be a few more sleepless nights while I decide whether this job is appealing enough to trump my love of teaching.
Thank goodness for good gardening weather and plenty of dirt!
2 comments:
Keep has the right idea and I have the lounge chair!
That is Tap in the banner. YFSIL
Post a Comment