Sunday, July 31, 2011

Starting to Backpack in my 50s!

Well, I'm not quite in my 50s (a few months to go), but my compadres are. We had a great hike of 19 miles (13 the first day, 6 the second). My pack and my Seattle friend's pack were both about 25 lbs. El Esposo's pack was 40 lbs. I am so impressed with us! A trail half marathon the first day--and with a pack! Then we got up the next day and did even more! What a powerful feeling! We are already planning the next one--for more nights on the trail.
I will post more about the trip later--and many, many more pictures! It was a fabulous vacation with more than just the backpacking adventure. I am going walking with work friends in a few minutes. Since this is my last day off before starting my new administrative job, I will be making sure I enjoy it!

3 comments:

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

Looks like beautiful country! WOW, 13 miles in one day with the weight of the back packs, ugh. Quite impressive!

Carol said...

50 is the new 30?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chuck for letting us borrow all the equipment. The rain gear came in very handy! The outdoors was great and the black bear sighting on our trail was thrilling. Robert