Friday, August 12, 2011

Oh Yes I Did!!!!

Wednesday is Karaoke Night at a local pub. (The local pub where the Central Coast Niece works, as a matter of fact!). For a couple months a friend and I have been talking about going. Wednesday nights are her drum lessons and so she stays in town after work. She loves to sing more than I do. (Remember the Mama Mia talent show? She was my partner in crime for that!)

So El Esposo and I met her there on Wednesday night. By the time we sat down and ordered our drinks we had pretty much decided that we were just going to watch and listen and see how it all worked. We could work up the courage another night. But then she started looking through the books of songs and finding one after another that she liked. People started singing--some good and some bad--and ALL were having a blast. Finally we decided we had to do it. We had trouble deciding on a song and then we finally just picked one that she had wanted to do for the talent show before we chose Mama Mia. We ended up doing a Shania Twain song. "Man, I feel like a woman," you know the one... Which makes me think of these, more current lyrics:
"she's probably singing some white-trash version of Shania karaoke.." :-)

Amazing fun! I highly recommend it! I don't think I have been in a place with more people having fun all at the same time in a very long time! New hobby? :-)

p.s. What added to the fun was looking out seeing the niece telling her customers "that's my aunt" while I was singing! Made me lose concentration, but I'm sure it added to the applause we got!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should make it a family gathering for "S" LOL