Sunday, October 9, 2011

Part Two on Succulents is Posted

I noticed that the Sassy Succulents blogger has posted her part two from the Succulent Extravaganza. Click here to check it out. This time she has some pictures inside the greenhouses. They had two HUGE greenhouses open to the public, one smaller shade house, and then another greenhouse that was closed off.
Also on my list now is a visit to Ruth Bancroft Gardens. Click here to check out their website. It is in Walnut Creek. Starting October 24th they install frost covers on the delicate plants. I'm not sure I can get there before then, but would like to try. Otherwise I would want to wait for spring. It's open in winter with the frost covers on plants, but I don't think it would be quite as interesting. The curator, Brian Kemble, gave a talk at the succulent gardens show and, boy was he interesting. I could have listened to him talk about the plants for hours. I also loved how he would touch the plants as he talked about them, like they were beloved pets!
So many gardens!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth is in our papers garden section all the time. It always looks interesting!

Anonymous said...

Nice banner! You always listen to your mom! EE

Anonymous said...

MOTHER KNOWS BEST! The banner is beautiful and the pumpkins are awesome. Thanks for ours!MOM