Last weekend I had the greatest day. After a long week of people, people and more people, I went ALONE to the Succulent Gardens Extravaganza. OMG!!!!
Garden writer Debra Baldwin was the first speaker and she was great. There was a talk by a couple of garden designers who compared their styles in photos--interesting. They also did a few impromptu pot designs. That was interesting, too. There was also a landscape architect who designs gardens that fit into the natural landscape--right up my ally. It was very interesting to see the contrast between the way they thought about the design value of plants and the way gardeners think about growing things!
There were lots of plants for sale, but I didn't by anything. Just enjoyed the talks and walking around looking at everything. Take a look at this blog and see the pictures I wish I had taken! And that blog post of hers is only part 1!
The nursery is open to the public and I am definitely going back! Let me know if you want to join me!
3 comments:
I wouldn't dare join you when you want to be ALONE! EE
Wow the pictures were amazing.When is the next visit? mom
I don't have specific plans for a next visit but it is only 20 minutes away (maybe less) and close to Phil's so it could be any time you want to come down this way again!
Post a Comment