Monday, February 13, 2012

Another weekend, another long walk

18 miles is a long way! It required a bathtub and a bag if ice afterward. :-0 (that was the scream you heard on Saturday about 4:00!) I'm planning to do Mission Peak this week. Fremont to Sunol--it's only 9 miles but it will give me an idea of whether I can make the first leg of the 50K fast enough to make the cut-off time. If I am successful, that will be a comfort. I will try Rose Peak from Sunol to Del Valle a little later in my training. That's about 22 miles and a higher peak. Might be ready for that in about a month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's your support crew?

Kelly said...

During the walking it's the pickup, placed strategically and stocked with mid walk needs. After, The Aunt prepares the protein and El Esposo wraps my cranky knee with the ice! He also provides the discipline to get up on Wed or Thur mornings and do hills when I could be sleeping!