Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ohlone 50K

The big day arrived and it was GLORIOUS!  We arrived at the start at about 6:30 for the early start.  About a dozen or so of us started early.  The winner of the race, Jean Pommier, has posted some pictures of us early starters.  Too see them, click here, and look at the first 5 or 6 group photos! 

I also took a few pictures.  We got there before the sun was even showing over the peak.  Here are Robert and Ruedy, waiting for the start.

I didn't take many pictures along the way.  I've taken quite a few during training and they all pretty much look the same!  But here is the view from the top.  I never get tired of this shot!

And looking in the direction I need to go, I see this view...





 The last photo I took was the aid station at the halfway point.  Ultrarunners eat real food!  It's not just GU and electrolyte drinks the way it is at shorter events.  Notice the bacon?  That's why I took the time to take the photo.  I didn't think that anyone would believe it without a photo!
 

The day was so fun!  I really enjoyed myself for the whole time.  It was really hard, but I did really well, finishing more than an hour before I expected to.  I was so early that none of the family were there to cheer me!  Believe me, I didn't mind.  I was so happy to see my time!  If you would like to take a look at the results, click here!


2 comments:

Betty said...

Nope not even bacon at the Aide Station would get me to do this:-). I watched the training for it!!! It takes "total commitment" like only you have Kelly. I will commit to prepare the food it takes to keep you trekking!!

Marsha said...

Bacon might make me do it. ;-)