Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Houligans play the Grill

Some of you will remember Chuck, our neighbor from the old neighborhood before we moved.  Well, he plays lead guitar (he is second from the left) in a band and they performed last night at a local restaurant.  Very local--walking distance from the house (although you know my motto--everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time!).  The restaurant's a pretty small venue and fans of the band filled the place.  It was our first time seeing them play and it was the band's first "unplugged" performance.  I guess the usual electric guitar rock would have made it a little difficult to enjoy dinner, given the size of the restaurant.






It was a wonderful night.  The music was great, the atmosphere was fun.  Perfect for a Friday night after my first week of working full time during summer vacation!  I hear their next date is July 13--same location.  Sounds like a plan!  I'm also looking forward to the opportunity to hear the loud, dance band version!

No comments: