I have started knitting my first sweater! I have done a vest and a short, cap sleeve vest/sweater, and a felted jacket, but this is the first sweater that needs to be knitted to fit! The other items were not really anything where I had to worry about gauge or whether it would fit at the end. The only other fitted items I have made are socks. So this feels like a big jump. I'm really excited about the pattern. The Seattle friend talked me into buying the book last year and we decided we would both knit one of these. The book is Knit, Swirl by Sandra McIver. If you click on the title, you can see more about the book. They are all essentially the same, but with different shaping and yarns.
So here is mine! Again, click the link to see it! This is my ravelry project page for the project and I will share it from time to time so you can all see my progress. I made the page public so you shouldn't have to be a ravelry member to view it. I will post the Seattle friend's progress, too, once she makes her project page public. She is actually further along than I am. I fiddled around with other yarn for awhile, trying to make my swatch work. It was a pretty combination of yarn but I just couldn't get gauge no matter what I did.
I finally just headed to Seattle for the long weekend (MLK) and shopped for yarn with her! We joke that it is the most expensive sweater I will ever have! Ha! I cast on this weekend (537 stitches--yikes!) and made a small bit of progress. This is going to be fun!
3 comments:
I rechecked the settings on my Ravelry account and I think they are public now. Kelly, take a look and if it is still not let me know.
Very cute. When you're done I'll have the orange one! Hey it's another trip to see your best friend again.
Oh when is your birthday Carol:-). Hmm possibly Mothers Day!
Post a Comment