Once again in the category of things I love....reading. Or maybe I should say books? Or maybe I should say a good story? Maybe all of the above!
I have been keeping track of my reading and audiobook listening for the last few years on librarything. So now I actually know how many books I read each year. For 2012 it was 70. Click here to see my lists.
Remember I count audiobooks as reading and could have as many as 12 per year with my subscription. So for purists, the number might be closer to 58--but I think my audio consumption was low this year because I started the Game of Thrones series and when I first started they cost two credits. Also they are long and take a loooooooong time to listen to!
The 2011 reading list only had 42 books on it. I must have been gardening more and walking more. I don't think I was doing fibery things... The 2010 list has 75 books. That was the first year I kept track. I like keeping track because it is fun looking back over the list. Especially with audiobooks, looking at the title reminds me of what I was doing while I listened. The one I listened to while walking in Monterey in the rain, the one I listened to while pruning the Japanese Magnolia, etc.
I also like keeping the list because Librarything has a recommendation feature. It knows what books I have and tells me of other users that have similar libraries and then I get recommendations of other books that I might like. That has led me to some great finds! It gives me more direction when I go to the library. Otherwise I have a tendency to always choose familiar authors or stick to the mystery shelves.
Kind of a rambling post, but one more thing about my reading. Compared to many of the people I know, I am not a discriminating reader. Similar to the wine I like! ;-) I'm not too picky. Words on a page? Great! I do like the rating scale on Librarything because I have to think about how much I liked the book and what rating I would give. After I have selected, I go to look at the average rating for the book. Sometimes I read a few comments. My ratings are usually similar to the average, but while I read I usually don't think about how much I like the book. I like reading the book. Once I'm done with the reading, I can better separate how much I liked the book from how much I liked the reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment