For example, the chalkboard signs directing us to the correct location in the park, to the ceremony area, to the reception area...
So clever!
The benches in the amphitheater seating area where they had the altar were spruced up with vintage doilies.


They made a backdrop for the ceremony with old shutters that had fresh flowers tucked into the slats, and above that they hung a driftwood branch with origami cranes. Both are ideas I want to steal for the garden!


I think silver spoons and colorful glass beads could substitute for the paper cranes. I have three silver spoons that hang in the garden now (a wind chime made by Auntie Bea and Uncle Ray) but the gourd they hung from disintegrated and they need a new structure.
The wedding favors were also lovely and homemade.
The couple are probably in their 30s and they, along with the crowd at the wedding are what I think of as "hipsters." Vintage sport coats with skinny leg pants for many of the guys. Vintage dresses and shoes, and shawls on the women. Interesting colors of hair, and lots of Buddy Holly style glasses. Many were former band mates or friends from their band days. Then, of course, there were the work friends--the old people like us!Anyway, I wanted to share all the cute ideas and give you an idea why EE and I jumped on the chance to make them slippers!
In other news the swirl sweater is moving along. Check the sweater progress link up on the right to see me modeling what I have done so far. The link for the Seattle sweater still isn't letting non-members in, so I need to remember to tell her that. We'll probably talk this weekend since we are both at tricky parts of the pattern.
Three days off!!! And it looks like the weather here will be its usual Washington's birthday beautiful!



No comments:
Post a Comment