This is where I spent many, many hours of summer sunshine. Reading, getting that all important tan, getting hot so I could go jump back into the pool. These rocks are the picture in my mind when I think of Nixon's resignation. I was here while it was being reported on the radio. I think there was less shade in those days--It was late in the day when EE and I stopped for this trip down memory lane, but I do seem to remember more sun! Regardless, this is a view that I would recognize anywhere! The one image that means summer vacation!
The baby pool has been filled in, so the pool area looks different.
Oh, the snack bar! I can just taste the corn dogs!
The view of the pool from the path. How many times did I make this walk from cabin to pool and back?
The cabins look a little different--they were stained wood back then and now they have been painted brown. Otherwise they are unchanged since the 1970s. Pictures on the website show an updated interior, though. No more knotty pine paneling. They are bright white inside.
Here is the view up the hill to the campground that we used when D came to visit. It is now large enough for a good sized RV. I remember it being the size of his VW bug and small tent!
After we looked around Pine Acres Resort (now called Gold Rush Country Resort), we couldn't resist a stop at Indian Grinding Rock. The rock is smaller now. The earth must be encroaching on it. Or maybe my memory plays tricks after 40+ years!
You can no longer walk on the rock. They have a viewing platform that you go out on to look at it. There is also a very nice picnic area, a museum (closed when we were there in May) and wooded trails. I don't remember any of that!
It was a fun afternoon chasing great old memories and introducing them to El Esposo! Then we moved on to Sutter Creek and our 29th wedding anniversary weekend.










1 comment:
Indian Grinding rock was COOL!
Post a Comment