After spending two days on the road with the work friends, El Esposo and I packed up the trailer and headed to Henry Coe State Park. The exit is less than an hour away, so it seemed like a perfect spot to try next! The road up to the campground is only about 10 miles, but it's winding so pulling the trailer it took about 50 minutes to climb. The altitude is 2644 ft at the campground. It was a really fun trip! The only thing that makes it not a perfect spot is that it is NOT dog friendly. Ruedy would have had to stay in the campsite or take a walk on a very short road.
I am putting captions on some of the photos to show what we did. I hope they show up. I haven't used the captions before.
![]() |
| Bridge over Anderson Reservoir |
![]() |
| I thought this view from the road was a beautiful view--until I saw the view from the camp! |
![]() |
| Here we are! |
![]() |
| I took lots of photos of this view--and this tree! |
![]() |
| There was little room for the truck in our site. Luckily the place was empty so we put the truck in another camp's parking spot. |
![]() |
| This is looking East from camp. Most of the other photos are looking West or South. |
![]() |
| We took a hike the second day. Terrain much like the Ohlone Trail. |
![]() |
| Yes, I was there, too! |
![]() |
| Indian grinding rocks occurred here, too! |
![]() |
| See the depression? |
![]() |
| Beautiful Manzanita bark |
![]() |
| We worked up an appetite on our 5-mile hike! |
![]() |
| When you camp in a dry area, put out a pan of water! We saw tons of interesting birds at our watering hole! |
![]() |
| This is the view from some nice tent campsites across from us. |
![]() |
| The second night we moved our chairs to the ridge just in time for sunset |
![]() |
| This was my view up the hill from the campsite. Did I go down the hill to get a wine refill? Perhaps! |
![]() |
| Sunset is over! It looks lighter out than it really was. |
![]() |
| Doesn't it look nice and cozy inside? |
![]() |
| Next morning, after a big breakfast, a snack! |
![]() |
| Time to go home! |
![]() |
| The valley below has been foggy all day. This is what we are headed home to. |































1 comment:
I love the photo, "Doesn't it look nice and cozy inside." It looks like it should be a Norman Rockwell painting.
Post a Comment