Tuesday, November 12, 2013

SLO weekend getaway

On Sunday I left with a group of work friends for a quick overnight trip to San Luis Obispo. I brought two mindless knitting projects and knit for the whole two plus hour trip. We had lunch in Avila Beach (yummy mushroom Brie soup in a bread bowl) and then did a 3 mile walk on one of their trails. 

Then on to the Apple Farm hotel. Wine reception in the patio, more sitting and talking in the room, then dinner (yummy beet and goat cheese salad and artichoke fritters). More knitting (by me only) talking (a lot about work, sadly!), eating AB's cookies, and drinking of iced cake flavored vodka (not by me-yuck!!!!). 

The next morning I got up and walked about two miles downtown past the mission, got some coffee, and took some pictures. Once everyone was up there was yummy breakfast at Fatcat's, more walking on trails and talking and laughing.  The last thing we did before leaving SLO was stop at Yarns in the Adobe across from the mission. I ran in while they waited in the car (what? Who doesn't like yarn shops?) and got some yarn. 

Great trip!!!!

1 comment:

Betty said...

Can't believe a Yarn Shop isn't everyone's favorite!!:-)