Thursday, May 22, 2014

Coming Back to Life

I want to bring this blog back to life.  At the moment, I am one day away from finals week, with two finals to give and grade in addition to my full time work running the grants.  I recognize destructive avoidance behavior when I see it!  I won't be able to revamp the blog and come up with new posts and get all the work done by June 3 when grades are due.

But I will be resurrecting this blog and getting back to posting.  Meanwhile, take a look at the sweater link in the top right under "Click This."  Marsha and I are starting another knit-along!  We both went to Monarch Knitting to get measured, then those measurements were entered into the Custom-Fit website and then a pattern was printed out that was customized for us.  This will be my first sweater knit in pieces.  I had to do some seaming for the swirl sweater, but it was all one piece.  This will be interesting.  Marsha just got her yarn and hasn't made her project page public yet, but here is a picture of her yarn:
Isn't it pretty!  It is soft and drapey while mine is hard and wooly so the two sweaters will be very different even though they will be from the same pattern.  Here is a picture from the pattern website

We will keep you posted...  (if anyone is still reading after the long hiatus...)

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I change the project to public on Ravelry so you can share on your blog.

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

Glad to see your blog back to life,even in your busy life. Ohhh that pattern looks difficult.