I want to share two statements that caught my attention this morning. They are both from today's edition of Confessions of a Community College Dean, a blog I read and enjoy regularly. I wish I could send these two quotes out in a blanket email to a lot of people in positions of power (both locally at my workplace and global political leaders). Unfortunately, I don't think it would actually work. But I control the words here, so you get to read them!
"Politics isn’t like solving math problems. In politics, the variables have
independent will. If your solutions can’t handle that, they aren’t
solutions."
"Process
matters. Reforms are easy to present in PowerPoints, especially among
the like-minded. But actually getting stuff done requires letting
people draw on the slides."
Maybe this generation of children, growing up in the middle of social media and collaborative tools, will understand this a little better than the generation currently in power in most venues.
No comments:
Post a Comment