Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Alarm Clock is Ringing!

It is time for some of my hibernating fibery things to WAKE UP!
  1. The cable socks that I started on the trip to Niece S.'s graduation. The first one is done and the second is started. Has been in hibernation a couple of times--once because I got stuck, recently because it is NOT mindless knitting and I was feeling pretty mindless! Time to get it out and get it finished.
  2. The blue and green silk lace cardigan. Mom will remember this yarn. We went to Stitches, I fell in love with the yarn and then almost didn't find it again to buy before we left. That was Stitches 3 years ago! The cardigan was not started immediately, but I think I have had it on the needles for over two years. I stopped because it looked like I had made a mistake and it was going to have an armhole that was too long. It is a vintage pattern so I was afraid there was a pattern error. The problem is not getting fixed by the knitting fairys while it sits in the basket. Time to find the courage figure out what is wrong and continue.
  3. Finish the warp and dress the loom. Half the warp has been on the warping board for months. Get this done! Winding warp and dressing the loom is a nice zen-like activity to balance out the two brain teasers above.
Ok, three hibernating things out of hibernation is enough. If I can get going on these it will be a great start.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At LEAST you have started some projects! I still have flowers in flats waiting for me from a month ago!Iam however making progress on the 1000 page Pillars!Did you inspire neice A, #1 D, to be crafty? C

Kelly said...

No luck on your #1 D. She was uncorruptable! We do share an interest in books though. That's fun! Hope you are loving Pillars! Wait, I hear your flowers crying...oh, and one is on the phone to Flower Protective Services! Plant them!!! (I shouldn't talk, I have killed several plants in exactly that way!)

Anonymous said...

I am witnessing the 3rd project and I am excited because it is for me. Go Kelly Go!!!!! The only thing is then I have to do my part and have 3 knitting projects of my own to do also. Why do we do this???? Aunt Betty