Saturday, August 23, 2008

Catching up on Summer Pictures

I have been meaning to post these pictures for awhile. (Click on the green words--they are a link). I have about 4 sets of pictures that need to be posted and I have gotten out of order of the summer's events. I posted the train pictures right when I got home because if I didn't I would have forgotten what all the pictures were. Scenery from the train has a way of all starting to look the same! I still have some to post of Dad's beautiful garden and house and some others from my garden and from the event we went to today (see the picture on the right side of the blog for a hint!).

The trip was really fun. El Esposo Guapo and I had some time to play on the way up there and discovered a restaurant in Placerville called Sweetie Pie's. It was really good! The cinnamon roll we had rivaled those from The Homestead where I worked in Walla Walla during college. Not quite as good as Randy's, but almost. The restaurant also had a yarn shop next door! What more could you ask for! I had brought some spinning and knitting with me, but I was able to add to the supply! We arrived at the campground and spent a night sleeping on the ground in a tent. The ground was a little harder there than at AT&T park! The next day we went to visit Dad and M. and I was dropped off there for a couple days. I knitted and visited and kayaked and walked and read and ate great food and took pictures and generally had a relaxing time. Then I hopped on the train and came home. So, more pictures are coming, but I have to sort them out first!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

News Flash! Nothing to do with this post, but Mamma Mia Singalong version is opening in theaters August 29th. What did I tell you! The Rocky Horror for the 2000s! Hopefully the showings won't be a for all us late as the Rocky Horror showings for all us Old People who have to work the next morning. Ha Ha!