
I got to hold one of these today! It is a Mexican Hairless (Xolo for short--the real name is a long Aztec name that I don't know how to pronounce!) The one I held was 6 weeks old. Still had puppy breath and very cute despite the hairlessness!
One of the hairy dogs in my life is right now lying on the bed next to me. She has hair and I must say, I prefer my dogs that way! Sometimes I forget how much I like dogs and how much a part of my life they are.
This week I have been trying to get back to the things I like. Every so often I get so busy with work that I neglect the things I get the most enjoyment from. Like dogs. And the fiber arts.
This past weekend I had a craving to make something, start a new project. Instead, I had a finishing day. I finished the socks I was making and I finished spinning the yarn for a project in progress. Then I put yarn on the loom for a new project and I have diligently made time for it during the last three days. It is sort of like a binge, but sometimes I have this craving to make something. It usually happens when I am too busy. I think it is one of the clues that life has gotten too hectic and I have to retreat from it. That's where I've been lately.
Here is where the aunts (and an uncle) have been lately! Their picture in The Catholic Voice! Can you find them?
3 comments:
I am one of the Aunts in that picture and I can't hardly find myself in it :) It was a fun day of remembering days gone by. Wish classmates had been there but middle sister made it exciting. She told me to close my eyes in the cafeteria and smell the hot chocolate of "First Fridays". A quick check of the flagpole where we said the "Pledge of Allegiance every morning and a glance of the favorite "jacks area" Aunt Betty
I'm the DH finishing a window project started by the DW.
Isn't that what DH's are for? MIL aka MODW
Post a Comment