The work continues...
See the construction photos of the last couple months by clicking here.
I just found out how to embed a flickr slide show so now you can see pictures of the sun room becoming the mezzanine. After you click on the arrow to play, click on the little icon in the lower right corner if you want the slide show to become full screen. Once it is full screen you will see the words "show info" on the upper right. If you click on that, you will see the photo captions.
I have included pictures from before we bought the house, when we first moved in, and the reclaiming process from demo to final plaster. A woman in my weaving class was in the house when it belonged to the banker (first owners) and she has told me that it was a "true mezzanine, like grand houses used to have." I had never heard of such a thing, but she said she attended a tea party at the house and it was held on the mezzanine! Cool!
5 comments:
This is all very exciting.I can imagine how anxious you all are getting.
I'm not much into Tea Parties, however. El esposo
Nice photograph of the J. Mag. with the sky-grey background. EE
Kelly, I was listening to the story on NPR about the woman from Nepal that learned to write her name. I knew that you'd love it! EE
I love the photo of the Magnolia.A promise of spring around the corner!mom
Post a Comment