Friday, March 6, 2009

Did you read my comment on the blog?

Here is the weirdest thing about having a blog. People think of them as a way for distant people to make a connection. At my house I get asked, "did you see my comment on the blog?" So a blog is for close people to communicate on the computer instead of in person! Well, come to think of it, we are communicating in person when I get asked "did you see my comment?" or
"did you update the blog?" Some days the only people who comment on the blog are the people who could just talk to me! Ha ha ha!

Meanwhile, I have more construction progress to show.

This week El Esposo took some days off so that the painting could get finished before the electrician comes and the floor goes in. The flooring is engineered oak that has what is called a "cashmere" finish. It looks sort of like it is raw wood and isn't shiny like some of them. So it will be more like the floors in the rest of the house. If we had been thinking, we would have planned for regular hardwood floors, but since it is on slab, that would have required additional work and we just didn't think about it. Too much thinking is involved in an addition!
Below is a view of the bathroom from the bedroom.


Here is the bathroom window with one coat of cobalt paint. It now has two coats and the windows are ready to go back in.


Here is a close-up of the tile job now that the grout is in. With the grout it is a little easier to see that there is an accent color (maroon) in the blue liner. It wasn't really visible in the last batch of pictures.


Below is a picture of the closet. You can see the trim and picture rail. The cobalt window is destined for the bathroom, but is on the easel being painted in this picture.



Finally, here is picture of the two new windows in the added on portion of the bedroom. They are only partially painted but the rest of what you see has the ceiling, walls and trim in its final state. The color of the trim is called peanut shell and it looks like it is wood trim at first glance. EE and I are not totally sold on the color, but it goes really well with a large clock that will go in the room that has both the green and warm tan colors. The Aunt likes it and that is what matters since it is her room. I am liking it better the more I see it. When I first opened the paint can I had horrible painter's remorse. It looked really orange and I was afraid! But I painted with it anyway and I like it better. Time will tell.



Happy Birthday to Dad!!! Looking forward to seeing your new place!

2 comments:

Betty said...

I am the aunt and I love the tan. It looks like natural wood and I grew up with a mom who had natural wood everywhere so guess it is nostalgic.
Thanks to R who has worked day and night to get all this painting done, it is appreciated. I am getting excited!!!! If I haven't told you in person, Thanks. Lets communicate. Ha Ha

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like it! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Robert