Saturday, March 14, 2009

Today is about snot!

I know it has a useful purpose but,.....Yuck!!!

No posting this week as you may have noticed. The weekend was busy and so were Monday and Tuesday at school. Tuesday was a big day since I was chair of the Tenure Review Committee and Tuesday was the board meeting where all the tenure and advancement decisions had to be made. I try not to talk about work here on the blog, so I will just say that making those kinds of recommendations to the board and wanting to make them well enough so that the board follows the recommendations of the committee was a big, weighty responsibility. These are peoples lives on the one hand and employment of a professor is potentially a 3 million dollar long term decision for the institution on the other. Tuesday night was the culmination of a flurry of work that the committee did since mid February to meet the March 15 deadline for noticing teachers if they are not to be retained.

I made it through Tuesday's marathon Board meeting but by the end of it had begun to feel chilled even though the room is hot and stuffy. Long story short--flu or bad cold put me out of commission for a couple of days. Funny how the body can keep you going just long enough to do what has to be done. And then...You pay!

Yesterday I surfaced. Overslept due to night time coughing so took a third sick day, but felt well enough to fill my folding yard bin with weeds as I sat out in the sun yesterday. I may do the same today, but I will have to bring my kleenex box with me. The congestion has decongested. So, in many ways I feel better. But snot is so annoying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting article! The human body is amazing! El Esposo

Betty said...

Only you would find an article about snot interesting. Kind of like cadavers.