I am still astounded by all the things you have to think about in a remodel. I knew we would need to think about the floor, but I didn't know that the floor decision would impact the way they put down the concrete slab so that it had to be made so early. There were lots of other things like that, too. For example, the placement of the light fixtures in the bathroom dictates the size of the sink and the cabinet. So it would have been good to have the sink and medicine cabinet already in order to know where to place the electrical stuff for the lights. We didn't. It was lucky that the tile detail was not covered up by the height of the sink. The cabinet will have to be really pretty small due to the small space over the sink.
I am not good at all the decision making. Where do you want your outlets? Where do you want your phone and cable? Where do you want the light switches? Do you want a light in the closet? Will your toilet have a 10 inch opening or a 12 inch opening? (It turns out ours had the wrong size for the hole since we didn't know ahead of time what toilet we would have.) How far away from the toilet hole will the wall plumbing be? (We had that wrong too since we didn't have the toilet ahead of time.) Arrrrgh! Too many decisions too fast! I am a slow decision maker and a "just-in-time" decision maker. If I have my way I make decisions in a "I"ll know it when I see it" way and I might change my mind six times.
Speaking of mind changing, I have paint colors all around the house again. The Farrow and Ball paint swatches are about 8x10 so they are a good way to really see the colors. This is probably the third set I have had posted up on the walls. We'll see if the decision is going to stick!
No comments:
Post a Comment