Monday, July 13, 2009

Energized at the Beach!

Beaches have a way of energizing us--from a 14-year-old dog, to an 11-year-old boy! Carmel Beach is especially fun, since dogs are allowed off leash and just up the street is a restaurant that allows dogs (Forge in the Forest). We also found out about another dog friendly restaurant in Carmel at the The Cypress Inn. It is the Inn owned by Doris Day and the whole thing is dog friendly, not to mention "Carmel quaint." I like Carmel, but I love Carmel beach. I'm a little like Ben--let's get the eating and the shopping over with so we can get the dogs on the beach! Although, I did spend some time in the soap shop, Lush. At Christmas, my brother got me a box of bath bombs and soap crumbles from there. OMG!!!!! I loved it. I even cut the soap crumbles up so I wouldn't have to use up a whole one for one bath. Works great to stretch them out! This trip I bought shampoo bars. Shampoo without the plastic bottle. Supposedly three bottles worth of washes in one bar. I will report!

Now on to the pictures! My Seattle friend took pictures and video. The black lab, Tap, is 14, the boy is 11 and the yellow lab, Ruedy, is 5.


I just love those action shots of B! They really say it all about his energy level!

The short video clip really shows how animated Tap is. That morning she really seemed old. On the beach it was hard to believe she was 14! Except that she is hard of hearing and (I think) a little senile. I had to chase her down the beach three times when she went off with what she decided would be her new family. She has always "shopped" for new families on the beach, but this was ridiculous! I was so sore the next day!!

3 comments:

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

Oh my gosh, what great pictures! I think M should use picture 6842 on her Christmas cards. Or maybe B could write a book around the picture and use it as his cover.

Marsha said...

I also love the photos of B. I downloaded the photos the night we got home and we stayed up 'til 11pm looking at pics and videos. Next year we'll spend the whole day on the beach!

Kelly said...

OMG! Can you imagine how many times I will have to run down the beach after Tap if we stay all day! I better start training!