Friday, August 14, 2009

Do You Remember How to Water Ski?

Spent a few days camping with Mom, D and childhood next door neighbors. It was a reincarnation of the camping trips of my teen years when we would camp near them. They stayed at least two weeks and were hard core. We were new to this kind of camping and stayed less than a week usually. But after a few years of this it became my idea of summer vacation. Sun, dust, yellow jackets, flies, camp fires, laughs, and hat hair. All of it is bound together in the smell of trees, boat exhaust and suntan lotion.

I did NOT try to waterski again after all these years. El Esposo did though! For the first time in probably thirty years. Here is video of the evening water skiing on Thursday night. The skiiers are El Esposo, D, Eric's daughter Ariana starting out, and Scot finishing.



Here are a few still pics of the skiing, too. I will post more pictures of the trip later.
He's waiting for the boat to take off.... he's getting going...


Oops! What happened? The video showed the second attempt. After 30 years it might take a couple of tries to actually get up on a single ski! Now here comes the big finish...
Below is Scot...

D, Scot's oldest daughter and friend...
D, and Scot...
More pictures of the camping to come...

3 comments:

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

I tried last year, and no I don't remember how to water ski. Dennis and Robert did great. The lake looks beautiful, we'll have to get Craig to plan the next family campout there.

Anonymous said...

Kelly and I had a great time. Next year we are going to stay for the duration and have a campsite. That way we (all of us) can take up more of the campsites. Maybe, maybe we'll be able to bring our retro trailer. Robert

Anonymous said...

GO for RETRO!!!YFMIL