Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Rain Doesn't Stop Us!

It's unusual, but I woke up this morning to the sound of rain! What great timing! It hasn't been hot here, but it has been windy and everything has been dry. Also, the patio is almost finished and we were waiting for a little settling of the sand between the stones. It got watered in yesterday and the rain probably just helped the settling. I am excited to see the finished result. It reminds me of the paintings that we did in grade school where you make a picture, cover it with black paint and then scrape off to see the picture. When last you saw it the stones were visible but the spaces between were not filled. Now the whole thing is just one big circle of sand. Later today...the unveiling! Also, we got a flat of flat thyme (!) to plant in the spaces.

I also found a Myrica Californica (Pacific Wax Myrtle) for only 7.50 (best price I've seen for a 1 gallon). That made me think of using it as the screening shrub to replace the mirror bush that was taken out when the electrical trench was dug. So I'll probably be planting that today, too. It's a fast growing evergreen native that I really like. (Already have three down in the ravine area.)

Will post pictures of the finished patio soon.... The rain has stopped and were off to the yard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rain here also.I love it!D says oh no dirty MH!Silly man.