Our dog Tap is 14 and will be 15 in a few months.
Now I find that Tap has a really young half brother, although her father has been dead for many years. The litter was conceived with semen that had been frozen for 16 years!!!
He and almost half of his litter are assistance dogs. He was in a news story about training assistance dogs to go on planes. Click here to see the story. Unfortunately most of the pictures are of a golden retriever, not Tap's half brother!Zack was an amazing sire. He really produced smart offspring. Prime examples are Jenny and Tap!
3 comments:
I might need a family tree chart to keep that all straight. But I do feel brushed by fame.....by virtually knowing a dog who's brother is a famous lab.
Service dogs are so cool. And a geriatric dog is precious.
Always up for a dog story,
Sue
And don't forget that Jenny's butt was in the Land's End catalog (many years ago). The photo shoot was at a Carmel beach. I was really looking forward to the catalog coming out and highly disappointed when I saw the picture. It'll be six years in ten days since Jenny succumbed to cancer and still miss her. EE
Two very good girls.
Post a Comment