I'm sure I'll need more than one century of life to do all the things I want to do! Welcome to the blog for my first century's activities.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Adding New Plants to the Palette
Just a couple years ago I started thinking about California native plants. Before reading Gardening with a Wild Heart, my idea of native plant gardening was wildflower patches that turned to brown weedy patches by mid summer. I didn't want to limit myself to poppies and dry grasses. Ha! Was I ignorant! Here are a few of my new favorite plants, the California buckwheats. They are currently in a large bed of only natives that (now established) gets watered almost exclusively by rain.



Now, I am starting to think about tucking these into other areas in the yard. They shouldn't be relegated to the "native plant section," they should just become part of the plant palette I use when I think about how to "paint" the yard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
leave a comment
Post a Comment