Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Waiting for Baseball Season and a Refrigerator

Huh?
Two exciting things around here:

Baseball season starts on April 1st, with spring training games here in CA starting last night! Giants vs. A's. We sent the tickets for last night to T. El Esposo will be going to Wednesday's day game. Although the tickets for last night were sent on Thursday, as of Saturday they had not arrived :-O Some quick thinking by T and a little luck (they arrived back in our mail yesterday, returned to sender!) and we were able to electronically relay them so she and her boyfriend could go to the first game in her new hometown!

AND

The refrigerator has arrived at its destination to be restored. And get this! They will be taking pictures throughout the process! It's like our kid is at camp or something!! It is expected to take 6 weeks or so for the restoration. Here are the before pictures they sent.


When it comes back it will be its original white with the green plastic accent on the handles. Notice the tiny freezer inside! The bottom is not the freezer, it is just a small storage area. The door leans forward from the bottom, it isn't a drawer. Maybe it was for cookie sheets and such? Does anyone know? Notice also the two upper racks on the door. They have little holes for eggs to sit in!

The refrigerator and the Giants' season, I can't wait to see how they both turn out!

5 comments:

Marsha said...

Can you send them the trailer? :-)

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

I think the bottom area was for potatoes and onions. Daryl agrees with me. I seem to remember having one like this at home as a kid. Lets see if your mom and Aunt Betty agree with me.

Anonymous said...

Marsha! Marsha! Marsha! I'm hurt, Robert

Carol said...

Yes mom kept potatoes in there as I remember.

Anonymous said...

Marsha I couldn't stop laughing!!!